Monday, August 16, 2010

My very own little summer wedding Part 1

Yesterday was my one year wedding anniversary. Lets celebrate! For the occasion, I thought that I could share with you all some pictures of my very own 100% DIY tiny summer wedding.  

 I created and made the invitations myself.


I included a little checklist of things to bring for the wedding weekend.


My husband to be, Amine, being Moroccan and I just plain Canadian,  we wanted to fuse the two cultures into a wedding that would represent both of our backgrounds.

 Henna is an important ritual in the Moroccan wedding so Amine’s mother sweetly arranged a henna painting ceremony for us.

                                Us in a traditional Moroccan bridal outfit.



For the finished results...



My dream had always been to get married at my parent’s home so that’s exactly what we did. My husband and I, with the help of my parents, put together this small DIY outside wedding.  The wedding itself was held in the front yard and the dinner party afterwards was set up on the front porch of the house where I grew up. It was a beautiful summer day enjoyed by all 24 of our guests (that’s right, including me and my hubster, we were 26 in all so tiny is not an exaggeration)!




We bought all of our flowers from the Jean Talon Market in Montreal and I did all of the floral arrangements myself…. Including my bouquet and the boutonnieres.



                                                My floral workshop...





                                                        My bouquet!

                                                The boutonniere!



More of my summer wedding to come tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...