Sunday, February 5, 2012

Day 5: Slow-roasted Tomato Bread


Ok, so  I have to admit I was a bit uncertain about this one. My mom’s not a bread maker, my grandmothers either and to be quite honest, I’ve never seen or assisted in bread making in my life. I didn’t have the first clue as to what I was doing. When I think about it, it’s kind of strange that with all of the cooking that I do, I’ve never been tempted to try baking some bread. I don’t know, I just had never appealed to me. There has to be a first to everything!

The roasted tomatoes and garlic that are going to flavour my bread.



Oh gosh, the flour well! This is the part that worried me the most. Having never done this before, I didn’t know what to expect. Honestly, it wasn’t so bad! It actually went pretty well if I can say so myself!






Voila! Dough kneaded, risen and baked! Ready for a taste?



Just as Jamie suggests in his book, I baked up some of the bread in an oiled up tin. It just looks sooo cute and makes a nice little gift to give away to someone special!



The recipe: Jamie Oiliver, Jamie’s Kitchen, p. 312 & 324




Bon Appétit!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...