Friday, February 24, 2012

Day 24: Spicy Fava Bean Fritters with Lemon Minted Yogourt


You know what they say: in life, you win some, you lose some. 
Tonight I definitely lost.

They recipe seemed pretty simple to me and I had no problem executing the first part, make the actual fritters. The scary part for me was the cooking. I’m not a fryer… To be quite honest, I’ve never fried anything in hot oil (in a pot) in my life and it made me quite nervous. I had visions on my cozy kitchen on fire.  You should have been here, I was prepared… fire extinguisher on my kitchen table, ready to put out a potential fire.




I guess my lack of experience with hot oil was a problem, I don’t know if the oil wasn’t hot enough… or too hot but my fritters weren’t cooking as planned. The fritters weren’t turning a golden brown and as a matter a fact, most of the disintegrated in the pot. Sniffff

Here are some of the sad looking non-golden fritters. 




I had kept a few aside so I decided to change strategies. I cooked up these few in a pan with a splash of oil. They weren’t as crispy as promised but… I had to eat something for supper!




The recipe: Jamie Oliver, Jamie at Home, p.162




Bon Appétit!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...