Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Day 1: Tomato Soup


So here goes my one month of new cooking! I’m so excited and I really hope that I’ll be able to keep up for one whole month.

Both yesterday and today were really bad winterish conditions. Snow, freezing-rain, snow again. So for my first night I decided to go for the ultimate cold-day comfort food: home-made cream of tomato soup. 



From fresh tomatoes and basil to a warm comforting classic. As the recipe calls for, I actually used fresh tomatoes which I peeled and diced up. I guess that you could very well use canned tomatoes but it seems as though it’s that much more satisfying to do everything from scratch! 




I thought it would be fun for me to share the actual recipes with all of you. Since I’ll be doing this everyday, I thought that I could take a picture of the recipe from the book it comes from.


I got the recipe from my favourite chef (those of you who know me are aware of my Jamie Oliver infatuation): Jamie Oliver, Jamie’s Dinners, p.26

Bon Appétit!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...