Wednesday, January 26, 2011

It's quilting time!

Remember the baby quilt that I came across when I was looking for gift ideas for my new niece? 

Well, I decided to try and make one myself! You must be warned… I have no knowledge or experience in quilting. What does one do when faced with such problem? Turn to You Tube of coarse! So I watched at a few videos, took a couple of notes and pulled my sewing machine out of my closet. 

There is this great little shop on the Plaza St-Hubert in Montreal called Effiloché. They offer an impressive variety of textiles (for quilting and sewing projects of all kinds) in many colors and motifs, tons of different kinds of yarns, all the knitting apparatus you can dream of and even offer sewing and knitting classes.  

Picking out the different textiles to use in the quilt is great fun but at the same time pretty tricky. I don’t really know the quilting rules of choosing the patterns (if there are any….), so I just went with what I thought looked really cute and girly!



More to come later… as I get this quilt making under control!

I can’t wait to see how this is going to turn out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...